Tag Archives: Dr. George T. Palmer

The Open Air Colony (Palmer Tuberculosis Sanatorium)

The Springfield Open Air Colony was a private sanatorium¬†for people suffering from tuberculosis that operated at Chatham Road and Lawrence Avenue from 1913 until the 1940s. The Colony eventually was renamed the Palmer Tuberculosis Sanatorium, after Dr. George T. Palmer, … Continue reading

Posted in Churches, Public health, Social services, Springfield Survey | Tagged , , , | 11 Comments